(approx 1.5 hrs)
Key principles of providing basic emergency care - Legal and Social Issues in First Aid - Work Health and Safety - Treating a patient - Human Anatomy - Medical Emergencies
- Latest guidelines on the impact of COVID-19 on performing CPR
- Techniques to ensure that CPR is effective on both adults and infants
- Managing complications during CPR and managing the patient after CPR
- Airway issues (Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Choking)
- Current climate/ Q&A
Accelerated Practical Session - $95
- Short recap on learning so far
- Practical application of the recovery position, CPR on manikins and use of an AED (with adaptations in line with current COVID-19 guidelines).
- Theory and practical assessment for HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Practical application of bandaging, demonstration of an Epipen, asthma treatment and snake bites
- Theory and practical assessments for HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Assessment and Accreditation
There is no assessment process for the online parts of this course, but participants can opt to complete an accelerated practical face to face session once COVID restrictions are eased. Accreditation in Provide First Aid HLTAID011 will be awarded to those who complete the practical session.