- The principles of advanced first aid and the use of ancillary first aid equipment
- Basic life support and CPR, including safe manual handling skills
- Dealing with casualties who are aged or infirm
- Assessment of casualties and development of management plans when dealing with major and minor incidents
- Basic triage for multiple casualties and recognising psychological impacts on self and others
First aid procedures for a range of scenarios, including the following
- wounds and bleeding including life threatening bleeding and use of tourniquets
- emergency childbirth
- substance misuse, including common
- drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
- crush injuries
2 Days (approx. 8 hours per day) Plus pre course learning to be completed if participants do not hold a current HLTAID011 Provide first aid certificate.
Participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive the nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 - Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 - Provide first aid
- HLTAID014 - Provide advanced first aid
To ensure your skills and knowledge remain current re-certification must occur every 3 years