- State/Federal legislation documentation
- Legal responsibilities and duty of care
- Occupational First Aider responsibilities
- First aid rooms and kits requirements
- Safety hazards
- Storage and use of equipment in line with relevant legislation and manufacturers/suppliers instructions
- Maintaining workplace first aid records
- Work health and safety requirements in the provision of first aid
- Priorities of management in first aid and deployment of assets
- Procedures for dealing with major and minor accidents in the workplace
- Safe storage and handling of medication in the workplace
- Contribute to a review of workplace policies and procedures and the provision of risk management
Participants must be a minimum of 15 years of age
The duration of the course is approximately 4 hours. *Additional training days can be incorporated to include HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (including HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation,) HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid and HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation if required.
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Participants will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following unit of competency:
- HLTAID016 - Manage first aid services and resources.
Three (3) years from date of course.